English with R.M.R
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are animal sports wrong and should they be banned?

5 posters

Go down

Are animal sports wrong and should they be banned? Empty Are animal sports wrong and should they be banned?

Post  Admin Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:49 am

Start or continue the discussion. Write your opinions and reasons.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://rmrenglish.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Are animal sports wrong and should they be banned? Empty animal sport

Post  Shahin.B Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:20 am

Admin wrote:Start or continue the discussion. Write your opinions and reasons.
i think we have problem whit people sport at this time. we shoud speak whit MR ali abadi
Shahin.B
Shahin.B

http://www.chadegan.com

Back to top Go down

Are animal sports wrong and should they be banned? Empty Are animal sports wrong and should they be banned?

Post  mina.moghadam Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:47 pm

IMO,animal sports can be good or can't.Some common animal sports like horse riding or polo(a game like hockey,played on horseback)aren't erroneous.These are good sports which can improve human abilities.But it depends on how we treat and deal with animals.We must look after and take care of them!But unfortunately,some animals are ill-used by some people.For example,some horsemen force horses to run faster by whiping them cruelly or they feed horses with some energy food and drugs which are very dangerous for their health!
On the other hand, there are some animal games which are incorrect themselves!such as bullfight or other fights between animals.Although these games are wrong ,a big number of people in all over the world like them!For example bullfight is a custom in spain.So what can we do to control these games?Maybe nothing!Because most of these games are legal games in those countries!!! Neutral

Last edited by mina.moghadam on Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:36 am; edited 2 times in total

mina.moghadam

Back to top Go down

Are animal sports wrong and should they be banned? Empty Corrections

Post  Admin Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:37 am

I have pointed out some of the mistakes. Please apply the necessary corrections. I'll check your corrections later.

green = wrong word (should be changed)
----- = missing word (should be added)
orange = unclear meaning (should be changed)

mina.moghadam wrote:IMO, animal sports can be good or not. Some common animal sports like horsemanship or polo (a game like hockey, played on horseback) aren't erroneous. These are good sports which can improve human abilities. But it depends on how we treat and deal with animals. We must look after and take care of them! But unfortunately, some animals are ill-used by some people. For example, some horsemen force horses to run faster by whipping them cruelly or they feed horses with some energy food and drugs which are very dangerous for their health!
On the other hand, there are some animal games which are incorrect themselves, such as bullfight or other fights between animals. Although these games are wrong, a big number of people in all over the world like them! For example bullfight is a custom in Spain. So what can we do to control these games? Maybe nothing! Because most of these games are legal games in those countries!!! Neutral

Excellent job! Miner errors. Great vocabulary and grammar!
note:
- "horsemanship" is "the skill involved in riding horses" and is different from "horse riding".
- "bullfighting" is the activity.

Haleh wrote: Ethically-----is not good to make fight between them for enjoying. But if we do not make trouble for them, we are allowed to do that for a while.

Nice job with the word "ethically"!
Although there's nothing wrong with "keeping it short" Smile , your post seems incomplete somehow. It could've been a bit longer perhaps. Wink
[i]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Are animal sports wrong and should they be banned? Empty Correction

Post  mina.moghadam Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:34 am

Thank you teacher for your correction!
I replaced the wrong points with the correct ones!But,please tell me if they aren't correct again!
I have a question too : should I replace " animal games" with " animal acivities"? Question
Thanks alot again! Smile

mina.moghadam

Back to top Go down

Are animal sports wrong and should they be banned? Empty Re: Are animal sports wrong and should they be banned?

Post  Admin Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:16 am

mina.moghadam wrote:Thank you teacher for your correction!
I replaced the wrong points with the correct ones!But,please tell me if they aren't correct again!
I have a question too : should I replace " animal games" with " animal acivities"? Question
Thanks alot again! Smile

Any time!
OK, let's see...
- "animal sports can be good or can't" >> what's "or"? It's a correlative conjunction, right? Remember that it creates a parallel structure, meaning both sides of the structure should have the same form: "noun" or "noun", "adj." or "adj.", "verb+ing" or "verb+ing", etc. Now, look at your structure again "good or ----".
I think it's clear now, right? Smile

- "animal sport" is much better, but since "bullfighting" might not be a "sport" per se, "animal games" sounds OK.

- Don't forget "bullfighting"

- I don't know if you noticed or not but I corrected the spacing and a couple of typing errors too. They weren't related to the writing itself so I didn't mention them. When you're editing this time, copy my text and apply your corrections on it. It'll look much better. Wink

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Are animal sports wrong and should they be banned? Empty Re: Are animal sports wrong and should they be banned?

Post  mina.moghadam Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:34 am

Thank you teacher! I edited the wrong words! Your explanation was so clear! I noticed those points which you didn't mention this time! I hope they are correct! Rolling Eyes

IMO, animal sports can be good or bad. Some common animal sports like horse riding or polo (a game like hockey, played on horseback) aren't erroneous. These are good sports which can improve human abilities. But it depends on how we treat and deal with animals. We must look after and take care of them! But unfortunately, some animals are ill-used by some people. For example, some horsemen force horses to run faster by whipping them cruelly or they feed horses with some energy food and drugs which are very dangerous for their health!
On the other hand, there are some animal games which are incorrect themselves, such as bullfighting or other fights between animals. Although these games are wrong, a big number of people in all over the world like them! For example bullfighting is a custom in Spain. So what can we do to control these games? Maybe nothing! Because most of these games are legal games in those countries!!!

mina.moghadam

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:32 am

Perfect!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:10 am

Please consider what I have pointed out and edit your text.
brown = Grammar
green = Extra Word (should be removed)

Parisa Tavakoli wrote:
IMO, animal sports are some of the good sports that they can help to human. I think these are a group of the entertainments that they are useful like horse-riding that it is a famous sport in all of the world. It is my favourite sport.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Are animal sports wrong and should they be banned? Empty animal sports

Post  AMIRALI ESM Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:48 am

hey
I agree the sports that are helpful for animals
for example i saw a documentary program that english people were making animals like horse to exercise to be more healthy but i disagree the sports that may injure animal
actually I'm against all actions that can injure animals like cock fighting
just this
thanks so much
best luck
bye bye
AMIRALI ESM
AMIRALI ESM

http://www.google.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:15 pm

Nice job!

Please consider these points:

AMIRALI ESM wrote:hey
I agree with the sports that are helpful for animals
for example i saw a documentary program that English people were making animals like horse * exercise to be more healthy but i disagree with the sports that may injure animals
actually I'm against all actions that can injure animals like cock fighting
just this
thanks so much
best luck
bye bye

* to make sb do something
the verb that follows "make" in the active form is a bare infinitive (simple form of the verb without 'to')
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Are animal sports wrong and should they be banned? Empty Animal sports

Post  hossein Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:59 pm

hey everybody
I've agreed that these kind of sports are specifically for people who has been learned as a child,as long as i think animal sports are enjoyable and especially handy for environment but disusing animals is invasive and brutal,however,there is a whim about it.Even though it was told by our prophet to learn horse-riding,whole of people don't know how to ride horse! Shocked
Also today we have not gotten enough vigor to cease it',i mean it's not feasible.

by by geek
hossein
hossein

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down